In this section we’ll give you all the information you need to vote for your local Green candidate in the Cornwall Council and parish/town council elections this May.
When and how to vote
The election takes place on 4th May 2017 and will be for all county, town and parish council seats.
Voting will be in polling stations in local areas such as village halls, schools and church halls plus in council buildings. Poll cards will be sent out from 27 March 2017.
If you’re not registered to vote, you can do so online in just a few minutes:
If you are entitled to vote in Cornwall and either away from home or can’t get to a polling station, please do one of the following:
Candidates for Cornwall Council (Unitary Elections)
The Green Party has candidates standing in the following wards for the Cornwall Council elections on 4th May 2017.
Click on the links below to find out more about each candidate:
- Breage Germoe and Sithney – Karen La Borde
- Camborne (Treslothan) – Steve Medlyn
- Camborne (Treswithian) – Jacqueline Merrick
- Camelford – Claire Hewlett
- Carharrack, Gwennap and St Day – Geoff Garbett
- Chacewater, Kenwyn & Baldhu – Julie Bennett
- Falmouth (Smithick) – Tom Scott
- Falmouth (Trescobeas) – Euan McPhee
- Ludgvan – Ian Flindall
- Lynher – Martin Corney
- Mullion and Grade-Ruan – Helen Angel
- Newquay Central – Steve Slade
- Padstow – Richard Clark
- Penryn West – Harry Willoughby
- Penzance East – Jonathan How
- Penzance Promenade – William Morris
- St Austell (Gover) – Greg Matthews
- St Ives East – Tim Andrewes
- Truro (Boscawen) – Lindsay Southcombe
- Truro (Trehaverne) – Martha Green
- Wadebridge West – Amanda Pennington